Having an online presence for your business in some way, shape or form is essential in this digital day in age, but did you... read more
Ottawa Web Hosting
We specialize in fast, reliable, and scalable web hosting designed specifically for Ottawa businesses – and backed by 24/7 technical support. We offer both US and Canada-based hosting packages with options for disaster recovery and high availability.
Why Host With Us?
- If you are also doing a website development project with us, hosting with us allows us to ensure everything will go smoothly and seamlessly when launching the site.
- Our hosting environment is 100% business friendly (which is important to Google). We never host adult, inappopriate or controversial material – only reputable businesses.
- We offer 24/7 technical support with a smile. The average wait time for tech support is less than 5 minutes.
- All our hosting packages support WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, and all kinds of e-commerce platforms.
- We’re a local company you can count on. When you call, there will always be someone to answer and assist you.
What Exactly is Web Hosting?
There are essentially two main parts to serving a website online – the domain name and the hosting environment.
When someone visits your website, your website and all its elements (html files, images, text, etc) need to be “served” to the user from a high-powered computer somewhere. We call this a “server”, which is often located in a datacenter (a big building of servers). You are essentially renting space on a high-powered computer where your website files are stored – and “served” to someone anytime they visit the website. This is ‘web hosting’.
When you purchase a new domain name (such as www.example.com), it needs to be configured in a way so that when someone types it in their address bar, it directs them to the hosting environment where your website files are located. Likewise, the hosting package needs to be configured in a way that it knows to receive traffic from your domain name (www.example.com).
Picture it this way:
Your domain name is your street address. Without it, people won’t know how to find your business. But with it, people can arrive at your business location.
Web hosting is your office space, which you pay for as a monthly rental fee. Without it, your business has nowhere to operate from – nowhere to serve customers from.
So is all web hosting just the same?
Not at all! Just like renting physical office space, the quality can differ greatly. You wouldn’t want your business to be located in a bad neighborhood, or in an office space that’s too small or cramped, or with old, outdated amenities!
When you host with ABORG HOSTING, your website (your business), is being hosted in a business-friendly neighborhood (no inappropriate or offensive websites next to yours that could reflect poorly on you), and you’re getting all the best features with plenty of space and speed – meaning your website can operate efficiently and can be served that much faster when someone visits it.
A good impression for your customers, a reliable and efficient website!