Technologies We Use - And Love
We trust in open-source technology for much of what we do. The very nature of open-source means something can grow and benefit from the collective creativity and knowledge of people and programmers around the world. It allows for more reliable, sustainable and easily-customizable technology, and that's why we love it.
Content Management SystemsFirst and foremost, we specialize in WordPress websites. WordPress is the most prominent open-source content management system, already powering over 25% of the world's websites. So it's no doubt that WordPress is almost always our number one recommendation.
- It can be completely customized for a unique website like none other.
- There are over 10,000 themes to choose from should you want a preset layout/design.
- There are over 20,000 WordPress plugins - which are essentially pre-developed sets of functionality you can add to your site (ex: adding a Facebook like box, a reservation system, a contact form, etc).
- WordPress has the ability to be re-skinned (apply a different theme). Meaning you can change the look of your website without actually creating a new website.
- It's a search engine-friendly platform, being favorable in the eyes of Google.
E-Commerce SystemsOver the years, we've developed an array of different e-commerce solutions, from full online shopping carts for hundreds of products to simple invoice payment functions. Yet, as simple as it may sound, there is expectantly a lot of technology that goes into collecting any sort of payment online, since after all it needs to be done so securely.
Shopping CartsWe work with the following shopping cart technologies:
Other WP Shopping carts
Other E-Commerce TechnologiesThen of course you need a payment gateway to connect to your shopping cart (you do want to get paid don't you?). We have experience working with the following merchant service providers:
Coding LanguagesAs the web evolves, so do the languages that run it. Therefore, this list is almost always changing. Plus, we like to stay on the cutting-edge so we are always playing and experimenting with the latest technologies before they even become mainstream. Yet all in all, here are some of the main ones we work with:
HTML5 and CSS3
PHP and MySQL
Online MarketingIt's not just the programming world that gets to benefit from all these great web technologies. The marketers do too! Here at ABORG, we use a variety of advertising, tracking, and measurement tools to help us better manage our marketing efforts in pay-per-click advertising, (PPC), search engine optimization (SEO), and social media. A few of the ones we use most include:
- Google Adwords (for PPC campaigns)
- Google Anlaytics (for website analysis)
- SEMRush (for SEO & PPC)
- Sprout Social (for social media management)
Interested in learning more about how we can make these technologies work for you? Visit our web design or online marketing section to learn more, or get in touch.