Having an online presence for your business in some way, shape or form is essential in this digital day in age, but did you... read more
Intermediate Web Designer / Developer (WordPress)
ABORG is looking for a full-time web designer/developer to work on the design, layout and coding of websites, in both WordPress and HTML and be involved in technical, graphical and performance aspects of the websites.
To qualify for this role, you will need:
- have complete knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop and Illustrator are a must
- have a good understanding of the WordPress CMS
- have skills in programming languages such as HTML and CSS (JS and PHP are a bonus)
- understand FTP clients such as FileZilla (basic server administration such as cPanel knowledge is a nice-to-have)
- have experience with e-commerce (such as PayPal, WooCommerce, Shopify, and other shopping carts)
- have desire to constantly learn new things
- be adaptable and able to keep up with modern design and coding trends
- be able to work on their own or in a team
- be able to work with tight deadlines
- be thorough and precise in their work, organized with great attention to details
- be able to multi-task
- be aware of international web standards and protocols
- be able show initiative and be proactive in their work
- ability to take constructive criticism
Bonus (not a must-have, but nice-to-have):
- Basic understanding of databases
- Basic or advanced video editing capabilities
- Knowledge of print design such as branding (logos, business cards, etc.)
- Knowledge of PHP, jQuery, and JS
- Knowledge of email marketing, such as creating MailChimp newsletter templates
- Experience with other CMS like Drupal and Joomla
- Experience with WordPress mutli-sites configuration and management
As an ABORG employee, you will enjoy:
- Opportunity to work for a well-established company.
- People: Enjoy and benefit from the teamwork and comradery of working among a small but welcoming and easy-going group of people who are all skilled in what they do.
- Diverse Projects: Our client base spans across a multitude of industries in private and public sectors.
- Great Work Environment: pizza days and lunch n’ learn events every month, paid birthdays off work. We believe that having fun is essential part of team productivity and company success.
- The satisfaction of executing and measuring your own results for clients.
- Competitive salary and security of full time employment.
- Group benefits package (health & dental insurance).
- Convenient office location and free parking. Our office is close to the Pinecrest exit of the Queensway and easily accessible by bus, just a 2-minute walk to Goodlife Fitness Gym.
To apply and our hiring process:
Send your resume to [email protected]. Successful candidates will be invited to fill in full job application, as well as complete other assessment prior to phone interview followed up by an in-person meeting.